Located in Piazza della Signoria, the Loggia is the work of the sculptor Andrea Orcagna (flourished 1343-68). Designed as an outdoor gallery, the Loggia housed bronze and marble sculptures by famous artists—and still does. In 1860, Father Filippo Cecchi (1822-87) set up a barometer and thermometer, with a large marble quadrant, for public viewing in the Loggia. The instrument was the first public barometer and thermometer in Florence. The devices were dismantled in the 30s. The quadrant and the barometric machine are now in the Museo Galileo of Florence.