Compound dissecting microscope mounted on a thick brass plate carrying a pillar with an arm that supports the vertical body-tube. Focusing is by rackwork. The eyepiece is probably not the original, while the objective is missing. This microscope has a long focal length and a wide field. It was invented in 1847 by Charles-Philippe Robin and built by Nachet & Fils.