This terrestrial globe is dedicated by Vincenzo Coronelli to the Most Serene Republic of Venice and the Doge Francesco Morosini. The Dedicatory Epistle mentions Cardinal d'Estrées and the two large globes made by Coronelli for Louis XIV. This specimen, made of papier-mâché, is very easy to handle despite its size. It is covered with 50 printed sheets containing a wealth of up-to-date historical information, such as a mention of the earthquake that destroyed Lima in 1688. There are pictures of animals and persons in local costume. The English-type stand carries sculpted lions, like the stand of celestial globe inv. 2366, with which it is paired. Provenance: Medici collections; in 1753, added to the collections of the Osservatorio Ximeniano. Displayed at the first History of Science Exhibition held in Florence in 1929.