Terrestrial telescope consisting of seven cardboard tubes. The largest is covered with green leather with gold tooling. It carries the inscription "Io: Bap:Magnelli. Fior: F.1695," indicating the construction date and the maker, Giovanni Battista Magnelli. All we know about him is that he was a Florentine optician active in the second half of the seventeenth century. The other tubes are all covered with marbled paper. Two of them contain wooden diaphragms. The erector is inserted in the smallest tube, which accommodates the eyepiece lens at one end. The plano-convex objective is lodged in the largest tube, which ends with an ivory mounting. The instrument's magnification is 25.