Terrestrial telescope consisting of seven tubes. The largest is covered with green velvet decorated with white silk ribbons. It carried the eyepiece, now missing. In the 1776 inventory of the Museo di Fisica e Storia Naturale the eyepiece of this telescope is defined as "compound," suggesting a date between 1640 and 1660. The smallest tube contains the objective. Many tubes are lined with pages of printed books in Latin and German. The instrument can therefore be ascribed to a maker active in the German area—quite probably Johann Wiesel of Augsburg.