A graduate of the Accademia di Belle Arti of Florence. In 1818, went for further instruction to Paris, where he obtained degrees in descriptive geometry, mechanics, hydraulics, and military architecture. Student, then partner of Louis De Cambray Digny (1778-1843). In 1825, was named professor at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence. Designed and completed many projects including the Tribuna di Galileo in the Museo di Fisica e Storia Naturale and the Leopolda train station in Pisa.