This incomplete and restored generator is probably based on the pattern invented by August Adolph Kundt in 1868 and modified by the physicist Giovanni Cantoni in 1869.
The machine combines induction and friction. The single glass disk is rotated rapidly by a system of pulley wheels and is rubbed on one side by two leather cushions on ebonite supports. Situated directly opposite the cushions, at the other side of the glass, are two brass collecting combs. The other two combs placed vertically (one at the top and the other at the bottom of the disk) are likely missing. There are two sliding electrodes at the front of the machine.