Most of the Lorraine collections are displayed in the exhibition rooms on the second floor of the Museo Galileo in Florence. They mainly comprise the scientific instruments commissioned or purchased by the Grand Duke of Tuscany Peter Leopold (1747-92) for the Museo di Fisica e Storia Naturale in Florence. Even during the first half of the 19th C., the collections were significantly expanded through new acquisitions. In addition to electrostatic machines, pneumatic machines, mechanical instruments, and some microscopy instruments, the Lorraine collections included the anatomical waxes and terracottas and the surgical instruments from the Ospedale di Santa Maria Nuova in Florence. The pharmaceutical objects, the chemistry instruments from Peter Leopold's personal laboratory, and some measuring instruments form a noteworthy section of the collections, together with mechanical clockwork instruments.